For some reasons you need to install GUI on your CentOS server. In my case, I having a bad time to install Oracle Database 12c in my CentOS using CLI. I don’t have plenty of times struggling with CLI environment. I have to finish my work as soon as possible so then I can enjoy my coffee. I just need a very minimal GUI to achieve my goal.
Follow the steps below;
- Install CentOS-7 – Minimal (of course)
- yum groupinstall “X Window System”
- yum install gnome-classic-session gnome-terminal nautilus-open-terminal control-center liberation-mono-fonts
- unlink /etc/systemd/system/default.target
- ln -sf /lib/systemd/system/graphical.target /etc/systemd/system/default.target
Now you have a CentOS-7 Minimal Desktop installation LIKE CentOS-6 Minimal Desktop