When importing VMs from a StorageDomain (usually export domain) you may get a “Cannot import VM. Selected display type is not supported by the operating system” error.
This is my workaround solution. The issue happened when I try to import VM to oVirt 4.3. The VM is originally from RHEV 3.4.
- Detach Storage Domain (Mine is export domain)
- Find OVF files on Storage Domain. (Search for VM’s ID. In oVirt 4.2, ovf file will be in /export_domain_path/export_domain_ID/master/vms/VM_ID)
- Edit this OVF volume files and change their <DefaultDisplayType> to 1 (or a supported value)
- Reattach Storage Domain so OVF_STORE files are re-read.
- Import the VM.
- After you have success imported the VM, You may need to modify the value on VM console. (VM > Edit > Show Advance Option > Console)
- Boot up the Vm to test.
That’s it, we’re done!